Sunday, December 28, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggity jog

I am back in Oxford now and it's always a good feeling to be wherever you call home. There's just something comforting about it. It's a little weird to me that camp would feel like home but it most certainly does. I mean, for all practical purposes, it is my home. And in fact, I've been in cabin 24 for several months now.

Mr. Joe's home which is so much better for both of us. It was really sad every time I went to the cabin door and he wasn't there waiting for me. He is pretty much my wing man and, we all know, "you never, never leave your wing man." But, we're "reunited and it feels so good." It really is great to have him back.

There's a group here at camp this weekend which is always great for me because it means I don't have to worry about meals or anything. I get to show up to the dining hall and have 3 meals/day. This group will be here until Tuesday morning and then Tuesday evening registration for Overflow will be happening. I am fairly excited about the retreat, I think it's going to be a good one. Also, I'm particularly excited about the door prizes- they are always guaranteed to be a good time.

I suppose that's about all for now. The weather is LOVELY and disc golf is definitely in order for today. Also, I need to find out about the golf courses around here because it would be a great day for it.

My name is Samantha Lewis and I am enjoying the lovely weather.

No comments: