Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Vision ReFUELED

So, I earlier reported that I would no longer be attempting my "don't drive" adventure. My cause was refueled without gasoline, however, when I was speaking with someone this afternoon. They commented that "driving is a necessity." I disagree. Driving is only a necessity because, in America, we have allowed it to become a necessity. We don't have to drive, we don't have to use our own cars for everything. Let's carpool, let's implement more public transportation programs, let's walk or ride our bikes. There are families in Europe with only one car for the ENTIRE family. There are families in Europe WITHOUT a car. It's not completely ridiculous, it's a lifestyle change. Let's change our lifestyle!

My name is Samantha Lewis and I am ready for CHANGE.

No comments: