Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Playing Catch Up

Last night I had the opportunity to have coffee with Caroline, a girl who was in the youth group at First UMC Montgomery while I was an intern there and is now a freshman at Ole' Miss. I expected that it would be nice to see her and that we would have an awkward chat about how my life, while not nearly a failure, is certainly not shaping up to be what everyone expected of me. After this, I anticipated we would overview the basics: what's your major? what classes are you taking? are you going to join a sorority?, etc. This was entirely off. Not that we didn't cover the basics and not that we didn't discuss my life, but there was a whole lot more than that. The awkwardness wasn't there and it was like getting to chat with an old friend. It's funny when people grow up and all of a sudden are young adults, rather than kids in the youth group. It was so good to talk about life and everything going on. It's not that I expected to dislike this, only that I expected it to be superficial while I pretended to be a role model whose life was going exactly as planned; not so at all. I got to have a real conversation with a friend. It was an excellent time.

ALSO, I had never realized that square books had a balcony outside. A-Maz-Ing. The weather here the last two days has been perfect. Not pretty good, not nice, PERFECT. On top of all that, I watched The Bourne Ultimatum which is possibly one of my favorite movies now.

My name is Samantha Lewis and I had an amazing day yesterday.

No comments: