Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Lent

After a wonderful season of Advent, Christmas and Epiphany, Lent seems like it has snuck up on me this year. Although it is a season for prayer and repentance, it is also time for me to give something up in remembrance of what was given for me, as well as recognition of the time of fasting. This year I have decided to give up sweets and meat other that fish. The sweets are because I too often indulge in these things. The meat is because I think that it is something that I take for granted and it will remind me evertime I eat that I am in the Lenten season. I like this season because it gives me time to truly reflect and dig down deep. It seems like it's meant to be a hard time but I think that it is an exciting time. It's a time waiting for Christ's resurection.

My name is Samantha Lewis and I am waiting for Easter.

No comments: