Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ash Wednesday

I went to an Ash Wednesday service in Watonga, OK today. It was much smaller than the service at First UMC Montgomery but still a great service. A great time for reflection and repentance. I did, of course, get to come home to my cousins saying (in a VERY country accent) "What's on your head?" And the concept of it was too much for one of them.

Tomorrow it's off to see Great Aunt Wilda and Uncle Charlie. I'm pretty excited, although not as excited as Mr. Joe. I'm not sure if it's the fact that he gets to ride in the car or the fact that he gets to be with us ALL THE TIME, but Mr. Joe, even after a 14 hour car ride, still gets excited every time I get my keys out. It will be good to see both Aunt Wilda and Uncle Charlie. They are both, in a sense, medical miracles. Uncle Charlie is developmentally disabled and the doctor said he would not live to see 40... he's 70. Aunt Wilda was sent home from the hospital at the end of November with a death projection of no later than December 15th... tomorrow will be February 7. It's good to see that there are still miracles.

My name is Samantha Lewis and I am amazed.

No comments: