Thursday, February 7, 2008

Adventure Thursday

Today Grandma, Grandpa, Mr. Joe and I set out for Grove, Oklahoma where my Great Uncle Charlie and Aunt Wilda live. It's normally about a four and a half hour trip but don't worry, I made it five and a half. I decided that this was a perfect opportunity to take pictures at every town we went into, as well as every "Historical Marker" we passed. There were PLENTY. I also got a picture of the McDonald's that goes over the freeway... WOOHOO.

It was a pretty big day for us and it has been great to see my aunt and uncle. We played Yhatzee and dominoes, both of which I won! (I know, great, I beat an 80 year old woman and a 70 year old developmentally disabled man, but seriously, they're good.) My grandmother and her sister talked to me for quite a while about making sure that I don't let doctors just go in and do surgery because they go in there and mess things up. Be that as it may, I still trust the medical experience of a doctor more than my "human instinct." I've grown up in this century, my human instinct hasn't gone to med. school.

All joking aside, it has been a great day. I hav eenjoyed this time and look forward to continuing the adventure tomorrow.

My name is Samantha Lewis and I am on an adventure.

No comments: