Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Rib

So I was recently sharing the 2 biblical creation stories with the youth at OU UMC when I remembered one of the greatest stories I've ever heard. I feel that it is my responsibility to share this story with as many people as possible because, frankly, as I said before, it's a great story.

A friend of mine was on a first date with a guy several years ago. He is very serious about his relationship with God and someone committed to the Christian faith. Clearly a good idea for someone to date. So... he takes my friend on their first date to see "The Passion of the Christ". Obviously, it was a very romantic date... They watch the movie and I'm sure really enjoy each other's company during that time and truly get to know one another. On the car ride home they are talking and he gets very serious. He says the following, which will forever live as one of the greatest lines of all time:

"I believe the bible is true. And I believe that when God took the rib from Adam and gave it to Eve, he also did that for every man and every woman so that for every man out there, there is a woman with his rib. I need to tell you...

"You're just not my rib."

BOOM

My name is Samantha Lewis and I am not his rib either.

No comments: