Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back in The Ford

So, the places I've lived recently have had nicknames that were good. Like Montgomery was "The Gump", and Oak Ridge was "The Ridge" and my house on Hill Hedge was "The Hedge". These were all publicly accepted. Unfortunately Oxford doesn't have one of said nicknames and I therefore have nothing good to call it when I come back. I've started calling "The Ford". I have high hopes that it will stick. I'm not sure what the best way to spread this new and wonderful nickname for Oxford is. I'm pretty sure I'll just over use it like I do with all of my phrases (ie: "that's why we can't have nice things", "he's an idiot, it comes from upbringing", etc.)

In other news, I've taken to going to High Point Coffee and hanging out there for hours in order to scab their Internet. I am watching Season 2 of Weeds on Netflix. Not quite as great as it was when I discovered Heroes or The Office on "watch instantly" Netflix, but still an entertaining show that I'm pretty into. I tend to let shows that I'm interested in control my life. For that reason, I spend about 4-8 hours a day at the coffee shop. Not Good.

I went to watch bull riding yesterday. It was everything I thought it could be and so much more. Now I'm wearing my cowboy hat as often as possible. It's pretty much one of the best things that has happened to me. Hooray for western wear.

My name is Samantha Lewis and I am a big fan of cowboy hats.

No comments: