Tuesday, August 11, 2009

This one's for the blogosphere

The August 25th orientation date is quickly approaching. After much waiting and anticipation it is almost time. I think Mr. Joe is ready for the move too. He hasn't said so outright but I can just tell. I am registered for classes, I'm geared up to go, I don't have a place to live but that seems like a minor detail. I'm planning on leaving the 24th and as excited as I am (and I am!) I am also a little bit sad for what I'm leaving behind.
-Camp- where there are so many friends and things to do. The lake, fishing, canoeing, zip line, the athletic field and the stars that seem to fill it at night, Russell, Kelli, Vesper hill, disc golf, silence
-The Blind Pig- where everybody knows your name and they're always glad you came, where I can see our troubles are all the same, the porch, the law firm's Internet, the deliciousness, Thursdays, Monday-Wednesday and Friday too.
-OU- hoho, the youth, Sunday night meals, complaining about prayer breakfast, community, listening to J or Claire preach, finding a church home
-J's house-J, Dana, Tyler, poker, West Wing, Arrested Development, Studio 60, education, big mac ceiling fans, the pool, "my door", PS3, great times

I am ready for the next step and I'm ready for the next episode, but there are many, many things that I'm going to miss. Mostly the people.

My name is Samantha Lewis and there are less than 2 weeks before the next episode.

No comments: