Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Quest for Free Chick-fil-a

Oxford is opening a new Chick-fil-a tomorrow morning and the first 100 customers get free Chick-fil-a for a year. So here I am, 12:30 a.m. on a Wednesday morning, hanging out in the Chick-fil-a parking lot. Is it worth it? Sure. Unless I don't actually get free Chick-fil-a. It turns out that if there are more than 100 people here tomorrow morning then it turns into a raffle. Which means there is truly no value to me being here right now, I could show up at 5:30 a.m. and have the same chances of winning Chick-fil-a. But then, you've got to ask yourself... why not? So I'm going with why not right now. I'm enjoying a nice evening breeze, some good music from my iTunes, the glory of free Internet from the coffee shop next door and the company of some strangers who I believe are just as creeped out by me as I am by them. Seriously, might as well. Plus, I didn't really have anything else going on anyway. I mean, sure, I could be sleeping in my bed right now, but where's the adventure in that? I have a feeling that it's going to be a really great story to share when I talk about the time that I camped out for free chick-fil-a and then didn't get it.
I don't see a power outlet anywhere near by, so I figure I have about an hour and a half to enjoy the Internet and then I will dive into the world of C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia. Not a bad night if you ask me. I'm glad I made the decision to go to camp in order to get a pillow and chair. Also, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be good and hungry for some Chick-fil-a by the time 6:00 a.m. rolls around. I'm already a little hungry.
Also, I have a potential work study job for a group that has their own parking lot on campus that I would be able to park in... fo' free. Fingers crossed my friends, this would be a good deal.

That's about it for now.

My name is Samantha Lewis and I am sitting in the Chick-fil-a parking lot.

No comments: