Wednesday, August 19, 2009

There's No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

An economic principal that I often try to ignore- there's no such thing as a free lunch. No matter what it is, there is opportunity cost involved. Last night's adventure in "free food" was not what it seemed. All was fine, I was enjoying reading a little C.S. Lewis when two college aged gentlemen showed up to the parking lot. They explained that they had been to ten or twelve of these opening events for Chick-fil-a. I immediately felt the need to leave in order to associate myself with someone else. They explained that for the events 100 people are let into the event. Then those 100 people must spend the next 24 hours in the Chick-fil-a parking lot. After the 24 hours those 100 people receive the free chick-fil-a prize. No thank you. I did not hesitate in packing up and heading home for a lovely night of sleep in my bed.

My name is Samantha Lewis and the opportunity cost was higher than the reward was worth.

No comments: