Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sleep Cycles

So, I don't know when it happened but at some point this year I took a detour from the camp schedule and started staying up until ridiculous hours.  The thing is, getting back on camp schedule is going to be difficult.  It's also important to note that my new sleep schedule has not been to stay up to ridiculous hours and then sleep late.  I'm talking about staying up until sometime between 2 and 4 a.m. and then waking up the next morning between 6 and 8 a.m.  What the heck is wrong here?  I mean, surely I will be doing this for study purposes next year but there is really no point in doing it now.  I used to do it in undergrad because I liked to hang out with people as long as they were awake and then do my alone studying after everyone was asleep.  Now though, I'm doing nothing productive.  I have been on facebook, talked on AIM (which I had completely forgotten existed until recently), read a couple of blogs that interest me, read the New York Times online, watched YouTube videos.  Seriously, I'm not sure that this is something I should be staying awake for.  And yet times when I've tried to adapt back to a normal schedule I've been unsuccessful.  I tried to do so last night.  I put in a movie and laid in bed.  At 10:00 I turned the movie off and snuggled into bed.  I laid there, and laid there, and laid there.  Nothing.  No sleep.  Then, having set my alarm for 11:00 a.m., I was awake at 7:00 a.m.  I've got to start doing some sleep inducing drugs or something (um, actually, ignore that- bad idea).   Anyway,  I've now reached a sleeping hour window and I think that I will try to grasp it.

My name is Samantha Lewis and I am going to sleep...

...maybe

No comments: