Saturday, May 9, 2009

525, 600

A year come and gone.  It seems like just a month or so ago I was getting ready to go work at Camp Lake Stephens for the summer with high expectations and ABSOLUTELY no idea what to expect.  But here I am, a year later- getting ready to start staff training again on Tuesday.  It's crazy how quickly a year goes by.  I'm starting to get pretty excited about the summer.  I think it's going to be a good one.  I know a lot more what I'm doing and what's going on.  Being at camp this past year has given me a pretty good perspective.  

Mr. Joe will be here all summer this summer, so I suppose I'll have to find something else to bring a little mid-summer added joy.  Maybe that mid-summer joy will be finding a house...?  That would be great.  And turns out that I've got a little furniture to go inside said house, which is more that I expected.  Couch- check; recliner- check; queen size bed- maybe check; dining room table- check.  I mean, that's a heck of a start.  Not sure that I'm ready to graduate to a "big kid bed."  Haha, at 24 years old I have never owned a bed bigger than a twin... awesome.

An aside, I believe that there are many things we take for granted or do not appreciate enough.  For me, I take for granted the wonder that is iTunes.  I mean, what did we do before this?  Sure, we had CDs but that involved a CD player and blah blah blah.  Right here on my computer I can have every bit of music I own.  Phenomenal.

There's plenty to be done this week.  I started moving out of cabin 24 and into the Ad. Building but got about as far as my sheets and called it good.  Now I'm on a bit of a time constraint- it needs to be done TOMORROW.  I know that many people procrastinate, but I am sometimes able to take it to the next level.  "It's not that I'm lazy Bob, it's that I just don't care."  That's not entirely true for me though- it actually is that I'm lazy.

Well, there's plenty more to say but I think I'll be a big kid and go to bed at a reasonable hour so as not to be worthless tomorrow (plus the Internet is in and out and it's about to drive me nuts).

My name is Samantha Lewis and it's been a year already.

No comments: